Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: RODE Microphones

  1. #1
    in_the_pocket
    Guest in_the_pocket's Avatar

    Post

    Hw many of you record with the new RODE microphones? I record with it a couple of weeks ago, and they are the only microphones you ever will be needing, believe me, the are amazing. Very transparent and a very fat sound, amazing microphones, I'm thiking buying a geat set for me.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Vdrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    VInnie uses them. Go to their website and check the audio demos, he plays on most of them.

    Brad

  3. #3
    Inactive Member XNavyDrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2002
    Posts
    871
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    in-the-pocket,

    Which Rode mics did you use and on what drums/cymbals. Also any chance of posting a clip of the recording so we could hear these mics?

    Thanks!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member FuseU1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2002
    Posts
    3,631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Still using my:

    A] Shure SM57s / MayEA "cutoffs" ["half"-mics pro-mounted inside each shell] for sn & toms [img]redface.gif[/img] , & the AKG-D/112 "football," both of which came w the purchase of the Gretsch acoustic kit, back end of '85

    B] whatever the soundman/company provides

    or

    B] An electronic set [no mics at all] ;c)

    They still work well, so I'm [still] saving a "little" $ on da situation... [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

    [But those Rodes [AWA those others] sure look [& sound] enticing]

    [..."That's 'MR. Dinosaur/Caveman,' to you..."] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 29, 2004 03:25 PM: Message edited by: FuseU1 ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MSCearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2004
    Posts
    55
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i used a Rode mic to record a vocal earlier today ..a really impressive bit of kit and very easy to recommend anything Rode after that.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member CLWarunki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2004
    Posts
    1,475
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I remember that years ago my guitarist bought an amazing pair of Rode NT-1's and they were the most amazing overheads I have ever heard.

    We turned one of the mics on as it was raining outside (we were inside, of course) and just listened to the rain falling onto the roof - IT SOUNDED HUGE! Imagine if your hearing was to improve 10x - that's what this was like!

    I borrowed them for a session and it they were sweet - didn't even need to mic the toms at all!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Vdrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Hey Randy and all,

    What Studio Projects mikes do you use? What do you use as overheads. I have a lot of mikes already (SM57's AKG C418's, AKG D112, SM 98, PEAVEY 408, and others) but want to get a Audix D6 for kick and was thinking of Rode NT1A's for overheads. I figure I might as well ask these questions here.

    Brad

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Randy walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2001
    Posts
    2,662
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The D6 is a great little mic.
    As for studio projects, I have used and still use the C1 and the C3 as overs and they are very clean and clear sounding.
    when I have to record over at a friends place I usualy bring my mics and use these as overs, we set up in his entry way which is tiled and get a really nice sound.http://www.studioprojects.com/why.html

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 30, 2004 12:00 AM: Message edited by: Randy Walker ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Randy walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2001
    Posts
    2,662
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They are good, but so are Studio Projects which are in the same price range.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Jan jansson's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have nt 1000 on toms and ntk as overheads.

    Love them!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •